Saturday 8 October 2011

THE GREAT STEVE JOBS.THE MAN WHO GOT YOU FUN.


"I feel like somebody just punched me in the stomach and knocked all my wind out. I'm only 30 years old and I want to have a chance to continue creating things. I know I've got at least one more great computer in me. And Apple is not going to give me a chance to do that."
               - From Playboy, 1987
"I didn't see it then, but it turned out that getting fired from Apple was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life... It was awful tasting medicine, but I guess the patient needed it. "
               - From his speech at Stanford University, 2005
"If I were running Apple, I would milk the Macintosh for all it's worth -- and get busy on the next great thing. The PC wars are over. Done. Microsoft won a long time ago."
               - From Fortune, 1996
"You know, I've got a plan that could rescue Apple. I can't say any more than that it's the perfect product and the perfect strategy for Apple. But nobody there will listen to me."
               - From Fortune, 1995
"The products suck! There's no sex in them anymore!"
               - Talking of Apple's products before his return. From BusinessWeek, 1997
"Everyone wants a MacBook Pro because they are so bitchin'."
               - A more positive Steve on the MacBook Pros at the Apple Annual Shareholder Meeting, 2006.

Steve on Microsoft 

"I am saddened, not by Microsoft's success -- I have no problem with their success. They've earned their success, for the most part. I have a problem with the fact that they just make really third-rate products."
               - Steve on Microsoft in Triumph of the Nerds, 1996

No comments:

Post a Comment