Tuesday 4 September 2012

how to make real money without spending very much

Rachel Bridge is a business writer, public speaker and author of five books about entrepreneurs. Her latest book, How to start a Business without any Money, has just been published by Virgin Bohoks. She is the former Enterprise Editor of The Sunday Times and now writes an opinion column on small business issues for The Sunday Telegraph. In 2010 Rachel took a one-woman show about entrepreneurs called How to make a Million before Lunch to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival and now speaks at events around the world. Follow Rachel on Twitter at @rachelbridge100. These are some of Rachel's favourite sites.

QJump

- The place where I buy my train tickets. Easy to use and understand, and occasionally exciting when you discover that on random one-way journeys you can go by first class for almost the same price as standard. I use it all the time, it is consistently reliable and has never let me down. You can’t ask for more than that.

A Quarter Of

- All the traditional old-fashioned sweets you can remember, bought online and delivered to your door. Space dust, popping candy, sherbert dip dabs, flying saucers. Magic. I’ve just ordered a big box of chocolate coins for the launch party for my new book, How to start a business without any Money. It seemed appropriate.

TED

- A non-profit organisation which runs conferences each year focusing on technology, education and design. It has an amazing collection of inspiring talks and speeches on its website, all free to watch. Steve Jobs' ‘How to live before you die’ speech is hard to beat.

Rightmove

- For pure escapism. I could (actually I do) spend hours on this site, dreaming of swapping my small London flat for a little place by a far flung sunny beach. Did you know that you can buy a studio apartment in Brazil for £32,000, a plot of land with uninterrupted views in St Lucia for £28,000, and a three bedroom town house in Sicily for £19,000?


Bitly

- This website turns long website links into much shorter website links so you can put them in your tweets without using up all the space. More of a one trick pony than a fully functioning all-singing all-dancing website, but very useful nonetheless. Cute name too.

 lewisjohn-

John Lewis

My favourite shop ever. I buy everything from here, from bin liners to computers, and it’s always good. And now I love it even more because they have just started a Click and Collect service, so I can order stuff via the website then collect it a couple of days later from my local Waitrose. It’s free, it’s faster than getting it delivered, and you don’t have to wait in. Genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment