Sunday 22 July 2012

mohair by halstead plus metres needed

While searching for suiting that is breathable and wrinkle resistant that didn't weigh too little (for me, that's around 10 ounces per yard), I took a liking to mohair and mohair blends. However, the vast majority of the mohair suitings seemed to be too light for me. I soon found out about William Halstead's expertise in mohair, and asked about their Explorer bunch. They agreed to send me the book itself, together with a swatch card for another of their bunches, British Classic.
While searching for suiting that is breathable and wrinkle resistant that didn't weigh too little (for me, that's around 10 ounces per yard), I took a liking to mohair and mohair blends. However, the vast majority of the mohair suitings seemed to be too light for me. I soon found out about William Halstead's expertise in mohair, and asked about their Explorer bunch. They agreed to send me the book itself, together with a swatch card for another of their bunches, British Classic.


The Explorer has a reverse twist, which makes it wrinkle resistant and porous. The bunch is comprised of cloths from different compositions and weights, from 100% wool to a 55%/45% 3 ply wool-mohair blend. I have taken pictures of all the swatches in the Explorer bunch, some of which can be accessed here. Feel free to PM me to ask for pictures of the Explorer book and pdf scans of the British Classic swatch card. I have left the physical book and the swatch card at Iris Tailor, but I can bring them along to forum meet ups.

I'll also be happy to organise group order from William Halstead if anyone is interested. They have given me their price list for the Explorer bunch.

Dealing with William Halstead has been an absolute pleasure. Even though I offered to pay for their bunches, they sent it to me for free by UPS, and the package reached me in two days! My first order with them went very smoothly. Without asking them to do so, they rushed to have my suit length shipped to me the very same day!1 suit length is normally 3.5 meters in length, i am not sure of the meters required for a skirt, trousers i say the normal orders are for 2 meters.

For more information about William Halstead, please join their Facebook group at
 https://www.facebook...63162953752619/Alternatively, you can email them at sales@luxuryfabricsltd.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment