Monday 13 October 2014

poem at bow

AT BOW
yesterday’s unseasonable
warm sunshine brought temperatures of remembrance
of that early Spring.
A return to Bow Cemetery to see if the bulbs were showing yet around you.
Some Snowdrops, Hellebores , a few Primroses,
You , my life garden.
And at Bow I was welcomed by the silent song of thousands of Crocuses of every colour and variety spangling, spacing ,sprucing the graveyard .
And you lived on with these gleaming flowers.
You in those last days , beaten and bowed, grey-faced and sneezing, coughing and shivering, the harsh Winter had taken it out of you and us,you wished for nothingness and believed it too.
But Gods feeling
and the warmth of the sun today I saw you again.
My eyes seeing these sprouting bulbs , a profusion of life.
I saw you once more

No comments:

Post a Comment