Thursday 21 October 2010

Windsor shoes

This is a great email I got on Samuel Windsor shoes after I said they squeak. I started buying them 8 months ago on the Express offer two for 60 quid but to be honest the last shoes I ordered where terribly tight and the comfort of the first shoes is now totally gone. They wrecked my feet yesterday whereas before the first ones I ordered were more than comfortable. So Be it

Hi there,







saw your email on http://www.mensflair.com/style-advice/booting-up-for-bad-weather.php


and thought I would drop you a line.






Bought SW shoes for the first time 5 months ago, and was quite pleased. They didn't squeak,


but stiff and were/are hard to wear in - which might produce your squeaking.






What worked for me was to rub an old tea candle inside the heal area of the shoe, thus adding


waxy/greasy smoothness to the heal area (which was tight/sore). After a few weeks of wear,


the heat from rubbing and wearing allows the wax to absorb into the leather naturally, and the result


is a better shoe all-round.






While I was hunting for a solution, a cobbler in the City of London told me that he didn't like SW


shoes - they were "badly made". I couldn't pinpoint him on what "badly made" consisted of.


I suspect I will buy there again.






Let me know of your experiences.






Halldor

These were the ones I was wearing the other day. I had rang them up in London top ask why they had altered the cut of the shoes but they denied all.So liars as well

No comments:

Post a Comment