Tuesday 30 September 2014

OUT IN THE SILENCE

Out in the silence
 a platform of refugees of the life led
shouted why God remained in silence
cursed him  damned him
but
my soul knows joy in God's silence.
and  we cannot experience  or know real silence.
There will only be silence in death
to conceal evidence
of those that live on,
paying the currency
of pain
for love lost
and paying in silence.
I damn the day
that I ever said one single thing
that I thought meant something
but then thought of silence.
I was present for the death of a patient
who pleaded
for physical dissolution
asked me if I
can  reveal God's love
or at least
his silence
but not the God you think you hate
or love but another
one, only,
silent to the
endless stream of banality.
With only one message
Silence heals all in the end,
in the death.


No comments:

Post a Comment