Sunday 22 June 2014

lost in europe poem

  • LOST IN EUROPE my new poem
     If we took a walk down the river , we would start at the source ,a spring then.

    This stream flows across the Common and kisses with laughter , a tributary , under the railway embankment.

    Across the wide flat lands there is a group of allotments ,

    the soil fertile from the Ice Age

    and more recent accumulations of love done and finished in the marshes.

    And

    I had one romantic dream

    and designed a perfect trip through Europe,

    a "story" I wish I could re-read, re-watch, and re-live over and over again

    backwards the rest of my life.

    A "story" to compensate her back for in return.

    Across all the forgotten places of Europe I took her with me,

    by cottages with old people and by streams where life just went on in silence,

    the old peoples love long extinquished by memory but not by nearness

    and one day they were you and me
     
    old people like this as you passsed on trains in places you would never see again , they will be
     
     you and me, and love will be extinquished

    but nearness will continue


No comments:

Post a Comment