Saturday 10 May 2014

MENTAL

There are people living on the edge of society, misfits who have to find a way to channel their passion into something creative. Otherwise, their passion will turn inwards and destroy them. 
So unhealthy outsiders become alcoholics, criminals, black magicians, madmen.The unhealthy outsiders nearly all have a parent who is the negative mirror image of themselves but negate the fact that they are anything like that parent . In truth they are very similar.
 Healthy outsiders become visionaries, spiritual leaders, artists or humble therapists. The difference is that the latter have connected to a purpose – something beyond self and society that keeps them connected and keeps them sane. I can vouch from personal experience that this is entirely true. I believe that our psychological problems come from not knowing how others perceive us and thus not having an identity
 While I was wondering whether I wanted to become a psychologist  or not, most of my friends thought I was crazy as the pay was crap and you only ever got to meet dodgy people (they meant the other psychologists, most of them are totally uninterested in suffering ). But a chance meeting in Venice  clinched it for me.I had an idea that is now called reverse therapy and I am astounded by the fact that so many of the ideas that went into Reverse Therapy years later were in my mnd .
 It’s just that I had ‘forgotten’ about them.I had stumbled  upon the reason why people become ill with Depression, Anxiety and unnecessary diseases. Their  personality has taken them over and squeezed the life out of them. 
Personality is the fixed identity we have taken over from the way other people see us and which we store in our head. 
When we identify with it too rigidly the effort required to stay in the strait jacket drains us of vitality. That is especially true if the personality we have adopted is timid, self-denying, conventional, or a people-pleaser.
 I thought the only would be way to cure it would be a shock to that patients system and I  discovered  that this shock or this  crisis can be enough to
catapult  patients out of the personality strait-jacket.

 A surge of
vitality comes up out of the body to meet the crisis, overwhelm the fixed ideas of Headmind and (once the crisis has passed) point them to a
new way of life.

Eugenia my lover at the time and a psychologist said that it was a brilliant idea even though I was not a psychologist at the time. She paid for me to go to a psychology college as she was so impressed with my thoughts .She was twice my age but age did not matter ( the only reason we split up was because she got a wonderful job in America and I refused to go because I did not want to fly there after an horrendous air crash when I had been in the army) but while we still lived together and loved and worked together we had strong ideas on how to work , most of the patients had little money but we decided to help them anyway.

She had patients she could not cure and reverse therapy did it for her .

  • One patient  developed urticaria (a painful skin rash) after he retired and no longer had any purpose in life. He is cured when his daughter drives her car into the river and he goes into shock. He realised then his identity that of a Father. Later on he started up a new business and thus gives himself a reason to live .
  • Another one an airline stewardess  tried to commit suicide as she can no longer live with the fact that she was a sex addict  one who has done every disgusting thing you can imagine even taboo sex, she told me that there were certain things in sex she would never do but I discovered she had done all of them and confronted her. She ‘saw
  • ’ herself as a freak. But once she recovered she lost her poor self-image just by loving a man she knows is a real man and who loves her, she regained her identity.
  • An Italian army officer  becomes severely depressed after the gulf war  ends. But his real problem was that he chose the wrong career to follow next. Instead of following his real love: ecology, he becomes a politician. And once he loses that personality, his depression goes.
  • I myself found myself in a war enjoying it , killing and finding pleasure until something happened , my best friend was blown to pieces meters  from me and the shock made me wake up and find  or start to find my real identity.
  •  life seems like a very bad, very screwed-up film. If you ask “What the hell is wrong with the projector?” and go up to the control room, you find it’s empty. You are the projectionist, and you should have been up there all the time.      
 Reverse Therapy is  how symptoms of illness come up when we are living a life based on repressed emotions and lies. The idiot Mother every day has to find lies to go on.
 How rigid ideas keep us trapped. How we get healthy again by taking risks. How we became ill by relating to people dishonestly and can get well again by becoming more authentic. Most, importantly, health depends on vitality, and vitality depends on exercising your love of life and your love of the person you know who deeply loves you  .
I tried my reverse therapy on a beautiful woman I love, an addict of everything , unable to love and unable to really do her job , living on the edge of life with no identity just the mirror image of seeing herself more beautiful than she actually is and  no real friends   . I think something worked when I gave her the shock treatment, this was telling her how her mind really worked, a prostitute in spirit, ,maybe  a drug addict , a food addict , a person totally without any generosity, preying on younger men to make herself feel someone   , it was not enough to really help her but it seemed something clicked.

No comments:

Post a Comment