Thursday 18 April 2013

word

gary.byrne.121398@facebook.com
hotspur or tottenham

AT BOW
yesterday’s unseasonable
 warm sunshine brought temperatures of remembrance
  of that  early Spring.
 A return to Bow Cemetery  to see if the bulbs were showing yet around you. 
Some Snowdrops, Hellebores , a few Primroses,
 You , my life garden.
And  at Bow I was welcomed by the silent song of  thousands of Crocuses of every colour and variety spangling, spacing ,sprucing the graveyard .
And you lived on with these  gleaming flowers.
You in those last days , beaten and bowed, grey-faced and sneezing, coughing and shivering, the harsh Winter had taken it out of  you and us,you wished for nothingness and believed it too.
 But Gods  feeling 
and the warmth of the sun today I saw you again.
My eyes seeing these sprouting bulbs , a profusion of life. 
I saw you once more

No comments:

Post a Comment